Old 09-15-07, 07:30 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It was cold in Red Wing, Minnesota, got down to around 35 early this morning. So I waited until 9:30 to start. It was still just 41 and I had to wear a little more than I normally do. But it was a beautiful sunny day and the Cannon Valley Trail is wonderful. It runs along the Cannon River, past wetlands, bluffs, farms, through woods, and even past some ancient Native American archaeological sites. And it is paved too! I'm not used to riding on asphalt.

I rode 20 miles to the town of Cannon Falls and found a bakery there. Had a 12 oz jug of milk with cherry pie (no blueberry available) for the total cost, including tax, of $1.84. And it was quite good. Got to love those small town bakeries.

It had warmed up to 60 for the ride back to the trail head. It was great. Stopped to admire the view a few times, took a hike to see one of the archaeological digs, chatted with other riders. The 50+'ers were out in droves, in fact, they were in gangs! Saw one gang of 20, two more of 10-12, and several small 4-6 gangs. Scary! They seemed to be having a great time. Probably saw close to 100 50+'ers. And four of them were even riding bikes with drop bars!!

I rode 40 miles in all, and admit that I was a bit tired at the end. It was a great day. Later I had dinner at a restaurant that was having their "Once a Year Famous BBQ Chicken." Must have been 50-60 motorcyclists there, Harleys were everywhere on the street. It was great too.

Hope to post pics after I get home and can upload them.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post