Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by duppie
PSIMET, Welcome to the world of Performance. Good to see that you folks in the 'burbs finally get access to something Chicagoans take for granted
Their prices are very good generally, but they '*always* have a sale. I saw their flyer, and it sounded like their usual sale. The best ones I have seen are the ones were everything is %15 off on top of sales prices. If you plan to spend more than $250 or so a year, consider sigining up for for their club card, it gices you 10% percent back plus a free Bicycling magazine subscription. Also, Their prices between store/online/folder often vary. They will match the lowest of the 3in the store. That by itself must have saved me $50 this year at least.

It's a dangerous place for my wallet....

Duppie
Thanks, I don't know how to tell you this, but I have been buying from Performance for close to 20 years. Extremely familiar with them.

Most of the riders on this regional forum from this area frequent the Naperville location (yes there is life outside of downtown). We're all just glad we no longer have to drive all the way down 59 anymore.

The Schaumburg store is nice. Very nice. Even better than the new ones in Atlanta.

The Northbrook store is too small. The Naperville store is just kind of getting old for me. Not a big fan of the half the managers.

Schaumburg is fresh staffed with n00bs. Perfect. That way they don't try to give you an opinion when all you want is for them to ring you up.

The reason I started this thread is because the sale that they were having was much better than their usual "sale"s. This time items were actually discounted. Tell me the last time you saw DA pads for anything other than $9.9-somthing.

They even had 10% off all Park tools. No one discounts Park tools. It's against their distribution agreement. Performance did it because they didn't list an individual price, but rather put a simple sign up that said 10% off Park Tools. It is against the distribution agreement to advertise a lower than MSRP individual price.

It was a good sale, but it ends tonight at 10pm. All stores open late. Oh well....now if those guys could only get around to shipping the helmet I ordered over a month ago! "We're still awaiting the product shipment from Giro....."