Old 09-18-07, 06:23 PM
stfu_donny

Bikes: a scott s6 (has aids) and a sexy fixed peugeot.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OC cyclist Sandy Julienne passed this weekend.

Hello everyone,

I'm not too sure how many of you knew Sandy, but this last Saturday morning, the 15th, he was struck by a 18 wheeler while taking place in the food park ride.

I not only knew him as a fellow cyclist but as an uncle from whom I acquired a lot of influence and inspiration from. I lived with the man for a large portion of my life and I always saw the man as almost invincible. I mean, I've seen him walk away from some pretty bad accidents but he would always bounce back and be back in the saddle as soon as he could. I'm going to miss hearing his bicycle bell chime followed by the buzz of a freewheel as he approached the house and of course his common shouting of "pizza man!" as he traditionally rang the doorbell before entering.

Our Family would like to invite you to attend the services in honor of Sandy Nelson Julienne which will be held on Thursday, September 20, 2007, 10AM, United Methodist Church of Garden Grove, 12741 Main St., Garden Grove, 92840. After the interment, there we will be a celebration of Sandy’s life at the Fellowship Hall, United Methodist Church of Garden Grove. All cyclists feel free to come on your bikes and wear your jerseys. This is how Sandy would have liked it. Donations to help with the arrangements can be sent to the Sandy Julienne Memorial Fund at 12042 Blackmer St., Garden Grove, CA, 92845

Everyone ride safe and strong.

-Ian Julienne