Old 07-10-04, 06:25 PM
hollow

Bikes: Cervelo P2K, Cannondale R1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Laggard
It's not just about attacking the yellow jersey. It's about attacking any rider, especially one who's got a legitimate podium possibility.

After Lance crashed on 15 last year imagine if Hamilton or Mayo's DS had radioed to them "go go!" Armstrong's down!" Can you imagine the **** that would have come down then?

Here's the outrage:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?...l09tourletters
Yeah, there are some really good points, such as:

"I could hear Bruyneel yelling in their earpiece, "Mayo's behind the split! Go! Go! Go!" "

How could he hear this all the way from Utah. It may have happened, but he must have better television reception than I do.

"The Tour should be decided in the mountains and in the time trials"

It usually is decided in the moutains and time trials, but to say it should be is ridiculous. Why do you think the main GC contenders are always near the front? You never know when something can happen to split the peloton (crash, wind). This happened today with the wind and who was up there trying to widen the gap?

I think this whole "controversy" is a fan issue. Those who think USPS, T-Mobile and Phonak were correct are probably their fans and those who aren't their fans think they did the wrong thing.