View Single Post
Old 09-20-07, 04:16 AM
urodacus
Large Member

Bikes: 05 Giant TCR 0; 94 Le Mond Alpe d'Huez; 83 Colnago Saronni; 81 San Rensho Katana Super Export track bike, #A116-56; 97 GT Zaskar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by yamcha
Those who think that they share equal rights on the road as a car and think, that cars need to notice them are fitting to die.

There have been times while driving that I have been absent minded or talking on a cell phone or adjusting volume controls on the stereo that when I looked up I found myself driving partially in the next lane and sometimes, the bike lane.

yes, cyclists have the same rights to be on a road, in the appropriate lane of course, as a car. they DO HAVE equal rights in most places, it's just that their rights are not respected much.

and if you have been fiddling with things in your car and then looked up and found yourself in the wrong lane, STOP DRIVING please. you're a menace, and ultimately you'll be the cause of some roadie's death, and then won't you feel like a turd.

fiddling with the radio does not make you any less culpable of vehicular homicide. and why do you talk on the phone and drive at the same time? you should know that's terribly unsafe. your arrogance and flouting of the road rules will almost certainly harm others more than you, yet you just don't care. and you're proud to admit it! Huh, most responsible people in the same situation would go and off themselves.