Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by duppie
"Occasionally" is not the word that comes to mind when dealing with Performance Bike. They set a new junkmail record in our household. I got 2 different postcards AND their sales flyer within two days. I think they average 2 flyers/week for the last six months

At PB you *never* pay MSRP. They always have large sections of their store on sale. If the item is not on sale and you are not in a hurry, just wait a few weeks. Except for Park Tools, and maybe a few other things, everything goes on sale eventually
If you are in a hurry make sure you sign up for their flyers. Most weekends they have some additional discounts on their entire store or additional cash back on your reward card.
Also remember that the store will match a lower advertised price on their webiste or sales flyer, and they have a 30-day price match to boot
Duppie
Log on to your profile online and change your "mailing" option if you want to stop receiving the flyers. I did this about 3 years ago and I almost never get their sales flyers in the mail anymore. Sometimes I kind of miss them -

Wife bought something years ago though so I occassionaly get stuff addressed to her, but nothing near their normal volume. Sign up for the e-mail notices and you get all of the notices anyways. At least it's electronic and not actual paper though.