View Single Post
Old 09-21-07, 03:26 AM
cinco

Bikes: Forty of them

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
I think that if we're talking EARLY Shimano levers (like raverson's 600EX stuff) standard Dia-Compe will fit fine; I've had no problems with the combination in the past. But I have the feeling that fender1 is looking for hoods to fit the later style (6207s or something similar) from after Shimano started making Campy-pattern lever bodies and that's something else entirely. There used to be some AME hoods bouncing around eBay that'd fit (I grabbed some for the NR levers on my Trek... even if they're ugly) but the source seems to have dried up. Yellowjersey is out of 'em too and I couldn't find anything in my abbreviated search of the internet.

The hood situation really seems to be getting out of hand. Pretty soon we'll be ooh-ing and aah-ing over whether a bike has brake hoods instead of over the bike itself. If I knew anything at all about getting vinyl (et al) to do what I wanted it to do I'd seriously consider getting into the biz myself. Famous last words: how hard could it be/how much could it possibly cost?