View Single Post
Old 09-21-07, 08:58 PM
AnthonyPaige

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Amberwolf
Metrocenter area here, since ~1985. Sucks for traffic, especially since some motorists honk continuously and scream at me out of their cars to get off the road (even though they have a whole other lane they can be in, there is no other traffic, and I am staying to the right 18" of the roadway wherever physically possible, or else am in a marked bicycle lane). I am not blocking their passage in any way, or impeding traffic, they simply don't seem to understand the laws and think bikes have no place on the road. Some other motorists (different ones and usually much younger) like to try to spook riders by vrooming their engines, shouting out the window HEY! or honking, and the like. Only one has ever actually tried to run me off the road, and a police car was right there, and chased the guy down. I didn't even have to make a statement, they just told me to go on about my business.
Really? I live in west Mesa, and I almost never get honked/yelled at, and I'm out there riding all the time (car-free). I do most of my riding on the arterial streets, too.
I bet you've seen some drastic changes in the city having been here since '85.