hill hater

Location: norton ohio 5.5 miles from center road tow path trail head

Bikes: cannondale t400 1987 model and a raleigh gran prix from 1973

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
(1)At 10 years old, they should already know that they shouldn't be yelling at vehicles (apparently, a good deal of the posters here - plus the kids' parents - are of the generation that couldn't care less about teaching their child proper public protocol at an early age). If nobody ever tells them that screaming dictations to vehicles is out of line, they'll keep it up until they're adults, screaming at you from their cage.

(2)I didn't yell, I shouted - we were 50 feet apart, mind you. I would have said it in a normal tone of voice had I not been that distance away (and I wasn't about to approach them to diminish their legal ability to say they felt threatened by close presence).

(3)3As for my rebuttal, what would you say to a 10 year old that he'd understand? If what you say doesn't make sense to them, they couldn't care less.

-Kurt
Not really at 10 years old kids are just now starting to learn how to behave when it comes to being polite etc. I my self do not have kids of my own. How ever i do know how kids should be raised and punished etc. What many parents call punishing is border line child abuse. Ive seen parents berate their kids or back hand them (nearly went over the counter at a fast food place i worked at at one such moron). I my self am from a generation that puts kids first. I'm 35 years old just for the record. At least where im from we have the same ideas when it comes to kids.

Sorry to say but they could still be able to say they felt threatened by your presence as you acted in a very threatening manner with them.

You say in point 1 that "hey should already know that they shouldn't be yelling at vehicles" then go on to say "what would you say to a 10 year old that he'd understand?" implying that they should easily under stand that they acted in a way that was wrong. You can not have it both ways.

You could have said the speed limit here is 25 I'm doing 20 which is less than the max speed i can travel here. Give kids credit they are not stupid. If you was riding close to the curb and side walk they may have felt as if they were in danger by you passing them closely. And one last point from your first post it sounds like you were on the wrong side of the road to begin with. Another thing you missed is they may have been aware of some hazard they just seen that you did not. You simply did not give them any benefit of doubt instead you just jumped on to them.