View Single Post
Old 09-24-07, 04:27 AM
mr_nickos_jr
Eugenian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah I can see it being somewhat different due to speed differences when biking.

One inconvenience is being able to cross to the other side, when in a hurry and saying screw it and biking on the left side until it's clear to cross. Which I've done :-p.

What kind of sparked me asking, was I did ride on the left side as the traffic was bad and I couldn't be sitting waiting to cross as I was in a hurry to work. But a car waiting at some stop sign on a residential cross-road, to my left was turning right to join traffic that was coming my way. Twice this has happened, and they decide not to look both ways, and in effect get close to hitting me. The first lady screamed sorry, the second guy yelled at me and threw up his hands. Both were at fault for not looking both ways, though I was not sure if I was at fault as well for riding on the left side. And as I said, they don't force bikers to learn biker law, so did not know if it was my legal responsibility to ride on the right side - though it may be in my best interest anyway.