View Single Post
Old 09-24-07, 09:38 AM
toegnix

Bikes: FUJI Transonic SL (2016), BH G6 Pro (2013), BH G5 (2012), BH G5 (2010), Luma RAX (2009) VeloVie Vitesse 300SE (2008), Kuota Kredo (2007), Cannondale CAAD 8 (2005, 2006), Felt F1 (2004), Trek 5200 (2003), Trek 5200 (1994), DiamondBack Master TG (1990)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Headphones / Earbuds Suggestions

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, READ THIS!
I tried searching the forums and saw some threads on this subject but they all had sparse suggestions and plenty of people crapping on the thread about how they think you shouldn't ride with headphones. PLEASE GET PAST THAT FACT and simply post your suggestions as to which headphones work and why.

I'm looking for suggestions on a good set of headphones / earbuds for riding, with the primary quality being that they stay in the ear and secondary quality that they don't block out too much outside sound. I'm not likely to choose a set with an around-the-ear clip, just an in-ear set.

I have some KOSS "Sparkplug" earbuds with a soft expandable cushion but they isolate too much outside noise and still work their ways out of my ears.

These are on sale at Circuit City this week and look like they might be good: Sony Fontopia Ear-Bud Headphones Model: MDREX71SL. Anyone use these?

And finally, since sound quality isn't all that big a deal with all the wind noise, I'm considering getting one of the more typical earbud sets and augmenting them with Jabra EarGels. I've used a two-way with a Jabra EarGel and can't recall it ever coming off in a race, even without tape. Has anyone else tried this?

WHAT DO YOU THINK?