View Single Post
Old 07-13-04, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Kaiser
I like the Cyclysm spots as well...and even though not a huge Kevin Smith fan, I did recognize Banky from 'Chasing Amy'. Hey, that character represents the inner voices of the crazed cycling fans we all are!

The USPS spot - it's about time the Postal Service got some mileage here in the US out of their sponsorship! My mother-in-law works for the Post Office and every year I ask her if they have any promo material for the team (team pics, posters, whatever). They have nothing - one year I got an Express Mail envelope that had LA's pic on it after he won his second TdF. Woopeee!! Anyway, it's nice to see them work in some of the domestic riders like Tony Cruz and Robbie Ventura (a local Chicago boy!) into the ads along with the likes of Landis and Armstrong. Witty and innovative spot. I wonder who Landis had to bribe to get them to allow him to wheelie in the commercial?

Am I the only one sick and tired of the Army Special Rangers spot?
My friend's husband works for USPS, and she shocked me last year when she handed me a few things from USPS that was like the 100th anniversary edition stuff with US Postal pics and pics of Lance. Your mother-in-law was robbed!

Koffee