Old 09-24-07, 08:39 PM
kendall

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
strange but interesting ride today.

went for a short ride (to visit son), normally buzz over to kent trails MUP, then zig through town and go up towards alpine/4 mile, cruising along by the zoo and a couple parks, normally an unremarkable trip.

But today it was somewhat strange, especially coming back from 4 mile to fulton on alpine, riding on the right tire track, every driver was perfect, plenty of room, no crowding honking or buzzing me, every stop sign and intersection people acted like I was in a car, on left turns people slowed down and let me over without a problem almost as soon as I signalled, no-one pulled out in front of me.

I mean the whole trip was amazing in how smooth it went, By the time I reached the MUP again, except for the headwind I would have started thinking I had died and gone to bicycle heaven. I've never had a trip go so smooth, kind of sorry it was only a roughly 40 mile round trip.

I normally hate going up alpine, because the whole area is designed to confuse drivers getting on and off the freeway that it's often a real nightmare, and usually just getting to the mup from my house (fastest way accross the river without cruising through the ghetto) I get cut off or buzzed ten or more times.

Just thought I'd throw that in to say there are drivers who understand bikes are LEGAL, The whole trip I did nothing different then my normal ride up there

Ken