Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by varuscelli
I recently purchased a Sigma BC-1606L Computer for $29.95 from Excel Sports. I considered the wireless version, but have read about quite a few glitches that people experience with wireless bike computers so I went wired (and if I recall, the wireless version was about twice the cost, roughly). The Sigma BC-1606L Computer has some pretty good reviews and I'm liking it pretty well. I'm not crazy about the wiring and routing thereof (you have to get a bit creative depending on your bike), but any wired system will likely present exactly the same wire routing challenges. But it works great and gives me lots of good data for current ride and cumulative. I was mostly concerned with distance, time of ride, and speed (so I could see how blazingly fast I was really going . . . ).
The 1606L is the computer to which i referred. Mine always goes into setup mode despite me doing nothing. Plus i already had to replace a harness, but i think that was my LBS's fault for how they installed it. Still I would NOT recommend this computer. I have the 1600 and love it, but hate this one.

I have two Cateye Mity 3's on a couple of bikes that are almost 5 yrs old and have been used a LOT. THey have never missed a beat and are tough as nails.