View Single Post
Old 09-26-07, 10:18 AM
TurdFerguson2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to live in good ol' C-Town with asthma, and I used to take a neck warmer and pull it up over my mouth in the winter. Less than ideal, when compared to what is available specifically for the task, but it did help.

How far are you from the C-Train? Do you use it as part of your commute now? The thing that sucks about the C-Train is no bikes during rush hour, which is likely exactly when you would need it. If your work isn't from a station, lock up your bike at the station you leave from. Or see about shifting you hours at work so you can use CT. As long as you are a reasonable distance from a station, there should really be any services you would need that are more than a 5 min walk from a station. Use your insurance money for cold weather clothes and a transit pass.
If I recall, they plow the bike paths along the Bow for most of the way during the winter, but I don't think they plow anything else. Funny how the city won't plow streets (except the major roads), but they plow some of the bike paths.

PS Can anyone tell me what MUP stands for? From what I can tell, they are bike paths.