Old 09-26-07, 12:34 PM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Forced into underground parking garage?!!? HELP!

Well unlike certain lucky people who work at award winning bicycle friendly companies I like many work at a just get to work on time and keep your bike outta the way and we won't fire you for riding a bike company. (If you drive you can be late all you want though)

I just found out at my new building they require all vehicles to be parked in the underground parking garage no exceptions. I have been trying to work with security in the new building but they have told me my bike will be removed and disposed of if I park anywhere but in the garage.
Normally yeah underground parking in Texas it's safe and secure but it is dangerous.
1) You have to go down/up a steep blind curving ramp that people just whip around way too fast.
2) Mid ramp you have to swipe your badge (the gate goes to the wall)
3) They have those no backup/wrongway claws that puncture tires right before the gates

Anyone have any ideas or should I just suck it up lay low and appreciate my paycheck?