Old 09-26-07, 03:51 PM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess I'm just ranting maybe I read that award winning bicycle work thread a little too much and it pushed me over the edge. The whole situation just pisses me off at how utterly pain in the butt and unsafe parking my bike and getting out is going to be now. I guess the edge of the smoking area in my whole building was a bargain.
Overall I was ok with my commute doubling so it will be 42 miles round trip and I thought it would be cool to get a shower now. A $3 a day shower mind you with a 1 mile rt walk to get to and fro which almost makes me want to keep my wet naps.

The rule comes down from real estate who leases the place. Security just blindly enforces it. The VP in my section won't let me park it inside and overall they don't give a crap what I think or want.

The bike vs car thing is a bit unfair indeed but it isn't a company policy it is just crappy management in my area. I know people in my former group who were late because of car troubles and had to leave early because of them. I was early every single day but one when I crashed myself and it went on my records from my annual review which I disputed and lost that "I have a high potential to come in late on any given day due to my transportation choice".

I don't think the ramps are safely walkable. They are probably steaper then any hill around here. They go in and down about 100ft to the gate. Then another 20 then a circle and a half of blind turn until you get dropped out into the parking area. I can hear the tires sqeeling as cars go spinning around anytime I have gone over by car or gotten a lift there. Going up you really have to stop to wait for that dang gate to clear.

Going down the ramp I might be ok since I got the hill to aid my decent. Going up when everyone is rushing to get home is where it is unsafe I think I'd have to walk it through the building unless I can find stairs out of the garage. Right now I'd have to walk in and sneak past security (they told me to get my bike out and keep it out), go up two escalators or walk a while to the elevator. Then either hoof it to cafeteria and head out the porch or go through a maze of cubes to a side exit all while sneaking. Bah. Oh well I guess it could be worse.