Old 09-26-07, 04:03 PM
evblazer
Thread Killer

Bikes: Fuji Touring Xtracycle, Merlin Road, Bacchetta Giro 26 (Sold), Challenge Hurricane, Cruzbike Sofrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zeytoun
Can you walk into the building lobby, and take an elevator down to the garage?
The official lobby is in the west building and I am in the east building which is connected by a 1/2 mile tunnel. It is technically possible but a long walk and security would hassle me. I may be able to find the right person to stop that but things are very rocky with more and more layoffs everyone has their head in the sand.
I wish I could find something what would make riding my bike to work a benefit for my company. Besides the theoretical health care reduction and parking spot which they have too many of anyhow. Maybe if there was a tax break for having employees use something besides a car they'd let me park somewhere outside of the building I work in. Actually maybe not. I think I tried that with my electric pickup to get to park in a spot that was far away but had an outlet. They could actually get federal money and kudos but they refused and I had a few people tell me just be happy you have a job and keep quiet.

Edit: Oh and I'll be commuting on my fuji touring xtracycle bike which will be pretty hefty.

Last edited by evblazer; 09-26-07 at 04:27 PM.