Bud Bent
Wheezing Geezer

Bikes: Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2007 Tejas 500

I will be riding in the Tejas 500, which is a 500 mile race at The Texas Time Trials, this coming Friday and Saturday. I'm riding as part of a four man recumbent relay team, alternating laps around a 20 mile course. I am the oldest (and slowest) on the team. There is around 1000 feet of climbing in each lap, so it's not a very recumbent friendly course. But, John Schlitter is riding the 500 mile race solo on a recumbent, so I guess I can't whine too loudly about my 120 miles.

We are doing the 36 hour start (there are different start time options for this race), so we'll be starting at 6:00 am Friday morning. We hope to finish in a lot less than 36 hours. There seems to be a good possibility that the team may place well (as of this morning, we were the only four man recumbent team entered).

Thursday evening, I'll be going down to set up camp at the Cleburne State Park, which is right on the race course. I'm taking my laptop with the intention of tethering my cell phone to it to get online, so I may be able to give a report or two from the race, but there is pretty spotty cell phone coverage in that area, so I may be offline until I get back home late Saturday evening. Wish me luck.

Last edited by Bud Bent; 09-26-07 at 04:17 PM.