Old 09-27-07, 01:20 PM
KrisPistofferson
Immoderator

Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
9-11 but you know 9-11 and of course 9-11but then you take into account 9-11after that happens you get 9-11 leading inexorably to 9-11and therefore 9-11 I named my dog 9-11 after Curly Joe there was 9-11 even if 9-11 makes a plopping sound like 9-11.

The ******bag lives in NYC, of course he has no car. Hitler was a vegetarian like me, but it wouldn't make me vote for him.

Oh, and in other news:

Giuliani's '$9.11' Pitch Criticized By Dodd
Calls Fundraising Tactic `Shameless'

By DAVID LIGHTMAN | Washington Bureau Chief
September 26, 2007

WASHINGTON - Rudy Giuliani's supporters are trying to raise money by asking for $9.11 from contributors, a tactic U.S. Sen. Christopher Dodd's campaign Tuesday called "shameless and sickening."

Giuliani, a Republican candidate for president, was mayor of New York City at the time of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, and his stump speech is full of recollections about how he took charge and became known as "America's Mayor."

The Associated Press reported that the "$9.11 for Rudy" campaign is part of a fundraising event scheduled for today in Palo Alto, Calif., at the home of Abraham Sofaer.

Sofaer, a Republican donor who was a State Department official in the Reagan administration, said the $9.11 contribution was not his idea. "There are some young people who came up with it," he told the AP.

Giuliani campaign officials said the idea was selected without their knowledge.

"These are two volunteers who acted independently of and without the knowledge of the campaign," campaign spokeswoman Maria Comella told AP. "Their decision to ask individuals for that amount was an unfortunate choice."

According to the invitation, "$9.11 for Rudy" is an "independent, non-denominational grass-roots campaign to raise $10,000 in small increments to show how many individual, everyday Americans support 'America's Mayor.'"

The Dodd campaign was quick to protest.

"Exploiting the Sept. 11th attacks for fundraising purposes is absolutely unconscionable, shameless and sickening," spokesman Colleen Flanagan said. "Mr. Giuliani was quick to express much vitriol for the independent ad created by MoveOn.org last week [that criticizes Gen. David Petraeus]. We would hope he would express the same kind of outrage and indignation about this group that he is the beneficiary of."

Flanagan added, "Mr. Giuliani should reject and/or return any money raised and ask that their activities on his behalf stop immediately."

Contact David Lightman at dlightman@courant.com.

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/t...,1370826.story