View Single Post
Old 09-27-07, 07:39 PM
KendallF

Bikes: Ever changing..as of 2-24-09: 2003 Giant TCR Team Once, Sampson titanium, 1992 Paramount Series 3, 2003 Cervelo P3, 70s Raleigh Record fixed gear, 70s Fuji SL-12 commuter, mid 90s Klein MTB. Plus two or three frames lurking, plus 5 wife/kids rides

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Anybody else roll your own 40k TT?

I have a goal of going under an hour for 40k this year. However, there aren't any TTs coming up that I'll be able to make, especially as I'm headed back to Spain in a couple of weeks.

So...I started thinking about optimal areas to make my own course. Ended up using mapmyride to plan the route and get a good idea for turn around points. It's a T shaped course with two turn arounds, flat, great views of trailers and dogs.

I rode it tonight with a little bit of wind (maybe 6 mph). I was rolling along going out, and figured either I was hella strong, or there was a tailwind. Guess which...heh. Anyway, I finished it in 1:02:15, and I think on a nice windless morning with the new geek lid a la Pcaddy, I can maybe break an hour. If I do, I'll get my daughter to make me up a nice gold medal.

I'm going to try and make this a habit every few weeks. We really need a nice local practice TT series, though. Anybody in Jax want to organize one?