Old 09-28-07, 10:19 PM
djkenny

Bikes: Bakfiets, 1999 GT Nomad Hybrid, early 70's Schwinn Cruiser 5, Bridgestone MB-3, Trek 520 Disc, Electra Ticino 8D, Ochsner blue Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi donnamb

Very cool. I know that area pretty well. Division and 21st puts you very close to downtown. Must be nice for that commute. I think it take me about 35 minutes cruising from our place nearby the 52nd and Harold area to downtown via Steele Street/to 26th/to Clinton/to Ladd's, etc. Not too bad, but there is a fair share of hills on the way back. The Cooridor is a nice ride to.

Your ride to 172nd sounds fairly brutal. I mean, I would be down to ride it...but quite a commute I imagine?

Delta is the place that leaves food in the belly for a while after I eat. I have ordered the Tofu sandwich fully dressed or lighter style a good 4 out of 5 times I have been there the last 5 months I have lived in this neighborhood. The mac and cheese and Okra is killer. I normally order the Pabst 40 in a cold coffee can (because I am just classy that way. Normally really regret it, the last few sips are painfull. Nice 10 minute walk through the park and to Woodstock st to get to Delta Cafe. The walk back is crucial after that heavy food.

Thanks for the welcome and I hopefully I will see you around.

Kenny