Old 09-29-07, 01:58 PM
cgallagh
DoubleTrouble

Bikes: 06 Co-Motion Tandem, Fuji Team Pro mine,-Hers, Specialized Dolce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Sounds like you are not original owner and did not purchase it used at that LBS. If you wish to have the problem solved, expect to pay for that service."

You are correct. I am not the original owner. I have, however paid to have this looked at twice now. I am not trying to get out of a financial obligation but I do think the LBS should be responsible to some degree if this was an original problem, it has not been rectified, and they are the ones that set up the bike.

The LBS owner is a friend. I have spent a not to small amount of money in his store. My wife is getting ready to ride for his race team. I am not trying to place blame. What I am trying to do is figure out what the problem is and if it is something caused by me then what can I do to fix it. If it is the LBS that set the bike up wrong then they should accept some responsibility and step up. There is no animosity between me or the LBS.

We are a small community of bikers here and whatever the outcome I am sure it will be mutually acceptable. I just want the bike fixed and I thought I would throw this out there and see if any of the experienced tandem riders with more bike mechanical knowledge than me would have some idea.

We tried OOP and the stoker does not like it so there you go, but thanks for the suggestion.

Since I posted this the LBS owner called and said they broke it down all the way to the bb and did not see anything wrong. He is going to put it back together and we are going to ride it together at 2.