Old 09-30-07, 10:18 PM
Newspaperguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Specialized fan
OK lets look at it this way, people pay more fuel tax, so people eat out less, restraints and their suppliers get less business and end up laying off people, that is just one ripple effect. This is why I hate the Democratic party as they think they can tax their way out of every problem, if it moves tax it! Oh an we need a new social program as the people are too stupid to take care of them selves, this is completely stupid thinking.I believe in free enterprise where it is survival of the fittest, where you eather make a profit and live well or starve it is up to you not some stupid government hand out.
If your fuel costs rise and your wage stays the same, you have two choices. You can drive the way you have in the past and cut back in the other areas of your life or you can cut back on your driving and have the money left for things that matter to you a little more. Your choice.

I'd rather spend my money on things other than fuel where possible.

For numerous reasons, not everyone can or will go car-free, but there are still plenty of ways to save on fuel costs for someone going car-light.
• Keeping the vehicle properly tuned up
• Carpooling
• Using transit where available
• Planning trips in order to drive less
• Staying closer to home for shopping and evenings out
• Replacing the gas guzzler with a more fuel efficient vehicle
• Walking and cycling more