Old 10-02-07, 10:20 AM
Bionicycle
No I'm Not a Pirate!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by solveg
Don't even bother with mentioning doctors or chiropractors... I don't go unless I have to.
Having went through two back surgeries due to herniated disks and severe sciatica I can tell you this: you may not want to go to the doctor, but if you are to the point where you can not walk… I think you should go to a doctor. You can do permanent damage to your nerves if you just try to ignore it too long.

The best way to treat the pain I ever found was Ibuprofen during the day… Take a good hot shower, or bath; then lay on an ice pack, on your lower back, and try to relax all your muscles to the point of drifting off to sleep. Then an hour before bedtime take a Lortab, or something similar to help you get a good deep nights sleep.

As you get to feeling better light exorcise, mixed with bed rest when the pain gets bad is the only thing I have ever found to accelerate recovery time.

Hope this helps some, but the most important thing I could tell you is go see a doctor. Sorry, but sometimes we have to...