Old 10-03-07, 01:14 PM
Curiouswill

Bikes: trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mini-update: Just went to the local cycling club meeting for the first time and met up with the guest speaker there. he is involved with a state-wide advocacy program which includes their site, www.bicyclecolorado.org. He agrees that if the VR do offers transportation aids for motorized vehicles for things such as gas and mantaniences, I should be qualified for some of that aid for my bike. He gave me his business card in case I was refused these aid without any good reason, like "a bicycle is not a vehicle" argument or the bike is a toy argument or whatever they may think that doesn't seems fair to me. I just feel that they should help provides aid for bicycle riders since there are many homeless and low income people around (well I see more of them here than anywhere else so far) that depends on bicycle to get around.

Oh about that bus route thing, there is a flaw with that. while every metro bus have a front bike rack, there are times when I can't board the bus with my bike since the rack is full. If I don't have a motorized vehicle and have to depends on the bus, I just can't risk missing any postential job due to this shortcoming. (Notes: while some of the racks can hold 3 bikes, most of them are of different design which can only hold 2 and are more likely to be filled out)

P.S. on a lighter note, If I ever do get the help with purchasing bike repairs and other accessories for it, I would LOVES to have the jersey being offered by the site above. I saw it in person yesterday and really liked the design of it I may just save up for it as my first jersey as a goal of my weight loss (lost 20 pound down to 190, still have some fat on my torso to get rid of first, approximately 5-7 lb i think)