Thread: Seeking
View Single Post
Old 10-04-07, 01:11 PM
Sawtooth
All Bikes All The Time

Bikes: Giant TCR 0, Lemond Zurich, Giant NRS 1, Jamis Explorer Beater/Commuter, Peugeot converted single speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seeking

Was supposed to be titled : Seeking best INVERTED TREAD tire <35 mm for light ice, occaisonal snow and rain.

Moved from winter cycling: I think most of those guys ride studded tires.

Having read nearly every thread and article on winter tires I come across, I am convinced that I want to go with an inverted tread tire this winter in boise. In Boise, we get mostly black ice for roughly half the winter with clear roads or rain most of the other time. We have about 4 light snow days per year. I will keep a front wheel with my Nokian 106 mounted for really icy days but I would like to run the inverted tread tire the rest of the time.

My 700c bike will not handle more than a 35 mm tire. The article on the icebike website recommends the continental town & country but I don't think any of the continentals will meet my sizing requirements.

I am thinking about schwalbe marathons, michelin transworld cities, etc. Does anyone have recommendations for a wonder all weather inverted tread tire that comes in smaller diameters?