View Single Post
Old 10-05-07, 03:45 AM
streetlightpoet
Banned.

Bikes: Masi Speciale Fixed, Surly 1x1, 2 70's Bianchi folders, Swingbike, Columbia Cruiser 3 spd, Specialized Big Hit and P.2, Cove G-Spot, Xtracycled Bianchi San Jose.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It may not be a total height of more than 500 feet, but going up and down constantly through that 500 feet still leaves you tired at the end of the day.
Other than a light sprinkle as we reached the parking lot it stayed clear all afternoon. The DH course was fast and flowed well although shorter than I'd imagined. It was my first time riding someplace with jumps and I had a blast, even without hitting any of the bigger stuff. The Grand Slalom course really wasn't my cup of tea but was interesting to go down once to check out. Sections of the two cross country trails were both fun and technical enough to maintain interest, albeit overgrown in certain sections. (Definitely more webs across the trails than other places I've ridden.) I appreciated how well marked the trails were, and I love anyplace with maps in the parking lot, but still found the trail connections at the top a bit puzzling (couldn't figure out how to reach one section of the blue trail without riding up then coming back down the same way.)
I'm definitely looking forward to getting back again soon, hopefully after a few more outings I'll be able to man up to some of those bigger gaps