View Single Post
Old 10-05-07, 10:03 PM   #4
freemti

Bikes: Trek 7.6 FX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You: Leaving great Valley Corporate center by 55/65 Valley Stream Pkwy, clad in Docker-esque business casual clothes, Messenger bag, riding your folder.

Me: Riding behind you on Valley Stream, passed you on Swedesford Rd.. Red Trek Hybrid, wearing Bike shorts and plain jersey. I made right on Cedar Hollow and left you behind, or at least that what I thought....

When: Early July??

What: Dropped by a folder!!! As the road made its increasingly steeper climb up to Paoli you started gaining ground. As we past under the RR tunnel and started the even steeper bit, my legs and lungs cried uncle and I slow to a pitiful crawl. You however, just pedaled past me as if you where on a pleasant ride down some seaside broad walk. You exchange some greeting, I gasp out some quick words before I have to pull over and catch my breath. I gaze in amazement as you merrily spin up the hill.

You left a serious impression on me, the only thread of dignity that I could think of was that you must have some seriously low gears on that folder. I'm better at hills now, but Cedar Hollow Rd is still not a hill to be trifled with! Tis a shame that you have to forgo that daily challenge!
freemti is offline   Reply With Quote