Scott

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by varuscelli
PS...

In rereading my comments, that was not meant as disrespect to the light that n4zou has on the front of his bike. I think that in order to actually have one of those on your bike without getting in trouble with the local police department, you have to earn it (i.e., be a trusted community member who goes out of the way to contribute in some area). I don't think that they let just anyone use those those red and blue flashers and I'm appreciative of that fact, n4zou. Kudos (sincerely) for the level of trust you seem to have with your locals. You've got my respect, man.

We went through 3 weeks of training at the Sheriffs office to get Trail Watch certified. It was hard work and only half the people that showed up the first night graduated. We still don’t have arrest authority or permitted to carry but we were issued radios so we can call the police departments directly and inform responders where they need to be to catch offenders or find injured persons. We have made a huge impact since the Sheriff started the Trail Watch program. 21 4-wheelers, 2 motorcycles, and 6 horses were confiscated and their operators/riders arrested in the first month of operation Safe Trails. We don’t even count the number of tires patched or bicycles repaired as the numbers are so high considering we now have 32 miles of paved path. This path connects to another paved rail trail 69 miles in length and both trails have become one of the most utilized rails to trails systems in the USA.