View Single Post
Old 10-07-07, 09:38 AM
rideon7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai
Yep, something about a good tool. Or maybe that's just the old mechanic in me talking. But one of my big joys in life was sitting down with a shop manual, a pile of tools and my old Gitane.
Without them, I'd still be a Marlboro junky.

So, now I have my Park cassette tool, bike stand, chainwhip, spoke tool, pedal wrench... got to think about a spoke tension meter and maybe a dishing tool. Somewhere down the line comes a BB tool. Oh it just goes on and on and on and...
The Gitane is the bike, right, not the French cigarette? Yeah, there's something about tools (and using them). My wife tried to move my box of new bike tools out of the dining room the other day to "straighten up" and I almost had an aneurysm. I just enjoyed having them there to look at for a while before they got put away. (They got put away.)

Next on my tool list would be a truing stand, but it will be a while before I can get one. A new wheelset and handlebar for the build-up I'm doing come first. Since a truing stand is a precision instrument, it's not something I will be buying off of ebay.