View Single Post
Old 07-20-04, 11:14 AM
Ohio Trekker
Passing!

Bikes: Trek 1988-520 & 2003-7500, 2004 Specialized Allez Sport & Stumpjumper Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Go with the Hybrid, I read in your other post that you were planing 10-15 mile rides but that the trail is 60 and you would like that for a goal. I have a 7000 series and have done 40 and 50 miles quite comfortably. I have to say though I outgrew it and went with a road bike for roads/paved trails and now have a MTB that I just love to ride anywhere and everywhere! Personally I see the navigator style bikes as more of a cruiser or around town type bike as opposed to something for putting some miles on. But in the end, I think any bike is better than no bike, and if you are in a quandry about the navigator looking like a kids bike, skip it for just that reason, you don't want buyer's remorse to kick in.

Have you watched at the trail to see what other folks are riding, seems like I never have a problem finding folks who like to talk about their bikes, and what they like about them, you should give it a try! Which bike is more comfortable when you ride it, that's really more important than how it looks?