Old 10-07-07, 08:11 PM
Bob_in_Midland
No weenie bikes here!

Bikes: Rans Velocity Squared

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2006 Specialized Expedition Elite arrived!

My "new" bike arrived late Friday afternoon. I only had enough time to put the tires, handlebars, and the seat on before I had to tend to other things. I was able to get back to it later that night. Mind you, I bought this bike used on Ebay, so I needed to spend some time on it.

All of that aside, I believe that I'm going to like the bike a lot. I took it out with the family today, after I had switched over the rack from another bike, and put on my homemade attachment for my son's Fastback. The only real problem I had with it was the seat, which squeaked terribly. The bike did very well with my son on the back.

The bike comes equipped with braze-ons for two water bottle holders, which is a must for me. It has a suspended front fork and seatpost. It also comes with Specialized Body Geometry handlebar grips, which are sweet! I'm still tweaking the seat and handlebar position, but I'm close. The only thing I really want to swap out quickly are the tires. It has Specialized Crossroads 26" Armadillo tires on it, which I really do not care for. I'm going to order a pair of Schwalbe Big Apples to put on it. I'll let you know how it rides with the new rubber on it when I get them.

The riding position is pretty much upright. Between the geometry of bike and the adjustable stem, getting the bike to fit is just a matter of tweaking.

As I ride it more this week, I'll add more to my notes.