Old 07-20-04, 02:17 PM
str8shooter

Bikes: '02 Trek 7200, '04Trek 5000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboseley
I have narrowed my selection to the Navigator 200 or the 7200 Hybrid – leaning a little toward the 7200. Now here is where I get a bit confused. I will be riding for pleasure and fitness on smooth paved surfaces. When I read comments on the Navigator vs hybrids or road bikes – it appears that I won’t go as fast on the 200 and will have to exert a bit more effort to achieve an equal speed. Assuming fitness is every bit as important as any other factor, wouldn’t this actually be a point in favor of the 200? I think the only reason I am leaning to the hybrid is that the Navigator reminds me a little of a kid’s bike.

So with the above in mind – what would you choose for my typical ride:

15 miles out on a paved bicycle trail – 15 miles back. Time not a big factor. Objective to get a decent workout in comfort and an enjoyable outing. Navigator or hybrid? I really need some input, as I want to make this purchase very soon.
bboseley, you can't go wrong with either bike, but I'd lean more toward the 7200. I have an '03 7200 and its been a great bike. Trouble free for over 3400 miles. If I,m right the drivetrain components are pretty much the same on these two bikes the big plus with the 7200 are the 700x35c tires. A lot easier rolling than the mtn bike tires.

I have many rides of 50 miles plus, and one century under my belt on the 7200. Just a tip, you want to ride 60 miles + get yourself a good pair of bicycle shorts. Believe me on that one.

Good Luck on whatever you decide on.
str8shooter