Old 10-08-07, 04:28 AM
EvilV
Bicycling Gnome

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jur
I have installed the 3sp wheel again, after washing everything internal and external, and put thin (Singer) oil in. I have to agree, it feels good. Tomorrow's commute will tell me how it will go.

I also washed the 8sp planet systems even cleaner, there was still gel in the sun gears, shown by drag on the gears. After washing, very little drag. I'm definitely going with thin oil for the 8sp also. I put all the internals back together, pending getting the spare planetary system, just to pop it in and ride (I hope).

Still no word from SunRace though.
I'm surprised they haven't responded. When i asked for instructions from Sugino about how to secure my left hand crank after it came loose, they air freighted me instructions AND a new left crank within five days. It wasn't their fault either.

Don't you have any recourse to the seller of the Hub? I'm assuming it is quite new. In the UK you will almost always get a year's guarantee on new items. Some try to wriggle out by alleging misuse though, or offer to send it back to the manufacturer, but in law, the buyers recourse is to the seller. People don't always realise that here and can be fobbed off. Obviously, different legal systems do things their own way.

Don't be surprised if some of your singer oil comes out at first. It took me a while to realise how little was required.