Old 10-09-07, 02:28 AM
maddyfish

Bikes: KHS steel SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ho hum
Well, there is a turn lane in the middle that they could give me a little room in as they pass. I wouldn't say they were out of their lanes.
Whose lane is it? Either you are in the lane and it is yours, or you are over at the side of the road just waiting to be passed really close.

Do give them a choice, take up enough space that if they want to pass you, they will have to change lanes, and get out of YOUR lane to pass.

I ride on 2 lane 55 mph roads with heavy traffic every day for 10-12 miles during high traffic times. I haven't been passed close in over a year. Ride in the right wheel track of the traffic lane ( don't use turn lanes unless you are turning, don't use shoulders, they are for emergencies not traffic use), and hold your position. Don't worry if they beep their horns, and don't worry if they sit right behind you (at least then you know they are not going to much faster than you).

Alot of riding in traffic is confidence, and assertiveness. Sounds like you have none whatsoever.

Last edited by maddyfish; 10-09-07 at 02:34 AM.