View Single Post
Old 10-09-07, 11:31 PM
Smallwheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Heavy Duty Inner Tubes

I want to buy some durable inner tubes for my 26 inch by 1.9 inch tires. The ones in the bike now are the originals with some Ride-On tire sealant inside. I've only got about 300 miles on them so it is probably too early to know how durable that combination is.

I just want to get a spare inner tube to carry around in case I get a flat. I was in Wal-Mart and went to the bicycle section and saw a couple of brands of inner tubes that were labeled extra durable. Both brands had slime inside. These tubes have very thick rubber on the outside and thinner rubber by the spoke side of the wheel.

I picked up one package and it was heavy. It didn't say there were two tubes inside the box. It felt like about four pounds.

After a little searching on line I only found one review of the Bell Flatblocker Max inner tube, and it was by someone selling them. It said the outer thickness is 4.3 millimeters.

Of the people here not concerned with the weight of their bicycles, are there any people with experience using these inner tubes?