View Single Post
Old 10-10-07, 03:18 PM
Xanti Andia

Bikes: Co-Motion Mocha, Trek T100, Schwinn Fastback Comp, Specialized Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After a couple of years of reading and contributing what I can, I have seen a few people mad about suposed snobery, in every case my read of the posts has been different. Sure there are people in this forum riding on very expensive gear who would never be found riding what the rest of us mortals might consider, and might have opinions that might be read as sneers, yet every time I look at the posts I see that the sneer was not intended, and the advice was sound. Don't ask from your gear more than its intended purpose, start with your intentions and then select your gear. Sometimes the poster's intentions are not clear, sometimes the expert opinion goes beyond the intent, and sometimes a poster sugests to take gear beyond its limits.

I read the thread and I don't see where the problem lies, you might point it out, though frankly we are here to get the best out of our shared pleasure of tandeming, we all have enough conflict in our lives to bring it here, snobery or not, the advice is solid, and I enjoy hanging out here. The last thing I would want is to have people not express their opinions just to feel they are being soothing and politically correct. I am in awe of how much some of these people know, and how they share it freely.