Izdaari
FDFX

Bikes: Motobecane Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age. 53

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
Motobecane Elite hybrid. Cost-effective entry level, bought via eBay Express because I couldn't afford a quality new bike at a local bike shop, and lacked the patience to shop for a good used one. This meant I had to guess at the right frame size (and I seems I guessed right - the 22" men's frame seems a perfect fit) and do minor assembly myself. That's ok, it didn't scare me and it went together just fine.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
53 is not old! But I do take vitamins: a multi pack, calcium citrate, fish oil and garlic. I'll add more gradually, but I think that's a pretty good start.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
I'm in better shape now than I've been in since I was maybe 30. I run and work out regularly at the gym (been doing that for just a few months now), and I'm thinking of taking up martial arts again (karate, which I quit at around 30... dumbest decision I ever made).

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
This is my first bike since I was 21 (Raleigh 10-spd road bike then), and I took it for its first test ride today. It feels good, fits good, and the ride went well, but I'm definitely way rusty. I don't even trust myself to be able to ride straight enough to stay in a bike lane until I practice more.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
Short rec rides, grocery shopping, and I'll be commuting to work on it 9mi each way, mostly on a bike trail.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
It'll be daily, weather permitting, but I couldn't begin to guess what my mileage will be. Or maybe I could... let's see -- 18mi RT commute 5d/wk x 50wks = something like 5k per year.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
Running and weight lifting for now. Martial arts (JKD) again soon.

Oh, and my bike is white. I don't why that matters, but it seems to be important to people here.

Last edited by Izdaari; 10-11-07 at 01:13 AM.