Old 07-22-04, 12:44 PM
mascardr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride a Terry Symmetry. My bike fits me great and I'm quite comfortable on it except for one thing. It seems like I really work when riding. I have the small tire in the front. I have been riding for 4 years and feel like I'm in pretty good shape. But it just seems like I work hard to get where I'm going. I have tried to read all I can concerning the small tire in front and I see pros and cons on the subject. I was in my local bike shop a few days ago asking about a new bike. After getting all the info I could, I'm interested in the Specialized Dolce. I talked in length to the salesperson and she wasn't biased one way or another. She did mention that she thought it took more strokes to get from here to there with the small tire but admitted she wasn't that familiar with the Terry line of bikes. She gave me all the info on the Dolce but also suggested that I might just have the wrong gearing and maybe just getting new cranks might solve my problem. But boy that Dolce sure is pretty !!!! I liked the fact that you sit more upright on the Dolce compared to other WSD bikes.
So I'm debating what to do. Any suggestions ???

Originally Posted by caligurl
i have a dolce elite.. i like it... i'm still very new though. i wanted a trek.. but didn't want to have the small wheels (700's are more universal and you can borrow in a pinch) and didn't want to spend the money for the top of the line wds on my first bike.

also looked at the ocr1 and liked it.. but the bike shop ticked us off so we left

i'm 5'2" and got the 51cm dolce.

i'm having issues with the seat.. but i'm hoping it's just newbie pain...