Old 07-22-04, 06:54 PM
TXCiclista

Bikes: 2017 Ridley Fenix SL, 2008 Trek 1500, 1998 Diamondback Apex

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmmmm. I'd LOVE to see him bring some "exposure" to one of the other grand tours, but if it's keep him from getting #7, I'm not sure it'd be worth it. Personally, I think I'd like to see him get #7, THEN enter the other races the following season. I know this would be tough since he's moving on in years, but I imagine that, given his amazing genes, he could be a serious contender well into his later years. OTOH, #6 pretty much cements his place in the TdF and #7 would just be gravy, so the other tours might be a good change. If he does that though, I think he should basically swear off the TdF unless he (oddly enough) decides to support some other rider. I'd hate for him to win the Giro and lose the Tour. Somehow that just wouldn't do. I think he probably feels the same way. If he decides to ride next year's Tour, I think it's safe to say he won't go to the Giro to win (if he goes at all). He doesn't go to place 2nd and the Giro just might take it out of him. Then again, he's so far beyond the field, who knows what he can do?