Baroque
Life in the Slow Lane

Bikes: Giant, Iron Horse, Shogun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Tom, Stamfam,

Thanks so much for your replies. The dealer is asking $349 for the 2008 Intrigue 1, with the Suntour/Acera componentry. I paid $349 for the 2006 model Sedona DX in June, which came boxed with Shimano C101/Alivio componentry (same shop).

The dealer is offering to give me what he thinks he can sell the Sedona for, as a used bike. I was on crutches before I could even get the free 30-day tuneup, so it's pretty much pristine. The dealer also said he would swap out the stem for me to an adjustable one if needed, at no charge.

I'll ask the dealer if he has the Intrigue 2, and will also have another look around the shop (absolutely crammed with bikes) to see if we overlooked any other options. I know I'll miss the awesome suspension of the Sedona, but it's sad to look at it just sitting in the garage, not able to ride it. So I'm really looking forward to finding another bike that I can actually use and enjoy. Thanks so much for your help! I'll take all your advice with me to the shop today. It will help me to stay firmly focused on making the right choice.

best regards! wish me luck,
Allie