Old 10-16-07, 05:12 PM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
I have long felt that all of the additives, preservatives and other unpronounceable ingredients in today's over processed foods can't be very healthy. We try and eat minimally processed food, watch the concealed sugar and salt intake. I buy in season organically grown veggies when available and local grown the rest of the time. (we have a hydroponic greenhouse farmer just down the road) We do eat meat but do so only once or twice a week and in very small portions and I consider fish to be a meat dish. As far as riding style...I spent several years of my life trying to go as fast as I could, racing, training, training and racing. Now I am just out for the ride. My average speed can range from 15 mph to less than 8 mph on some of my weekend rambles, depending on how sidetracked I get. My "normal" riding speed depends on which bike I am on. I can maintain 17mph + on my unloaded tour bike more like 13 mph or so on my Raleigh Superbe. I really don't keep track much anymore. The computer on the tour bike broke a while back, with all of the fancy online mapping programs I can figure out how far I really rode if I cared, or remembered where I rode

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon