View Single Post
Old 07-26-04, 07:39 AM
JimCR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
General take on the 2004 Tour - opinions

I think this was the most boring tour in years. Armstrong was outstanding, stonger than ever, same thing to the USPS team head and shoulder above everyone else or maybe everyone just much worse this year? The only thing i didnt like about Armstrong was his attitude towards Simeoni, I think he didnt show how classy a guy he is. All in all Lance's and the USPS professionalism and strenght was of the most positive things in this tour, well.. its not all the time we see someone win 6 straight tours.

El Gallo Mayo was the biggest deception, he fell off in that crash, lost some minutes and when he saw he couldnt win - he was totally demoralized. He didnt even bother for a podium finish.

Hamilton, was unfortunate (but isnt he always), Ullrich came way short in the first mountain stages, then he was too far to bother Armstrong. Heras, also not up to expectations. All the top guys but Armstrong didnt live up to the expectations..

CSC - i was dissapointed with their conservative approach, i couldnt believe they helped the USPS reel back Ullrich when he attacked... we all know the USPS were going to eventually catch him.

The Spanish Armada in general didnt put the great show they normally put.

Petacchi and Cipo.. hmmm not too good either.

Basso, Klödi and Voekler were the most pleasant surprises of the tour. Great showing.

I loved the Alpes D'Huez TT.. it was awesome - just a little more security next time.

I hope Lance comes next year.. it would be amazing to see him go for 7. I hope T-Mobile gets back Vino and between Vino, Klöden and Ullrich they can make things much more entertaining. Same thing with Mayo.. hope he comes back and is stronger mentaly. For Hamilton - a little more luck. ANd lets not forget Beloki...