View Single Post
Old 07-27-04, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Redhed
I rode yesterday again up the huge hill and it happened again, and I was short of breath. So today will either be nothing at all, or a flat ride.

I did a sleep study in June and found out I have OSA (obstructive sleep apnea). The study found that my sleep pattern is disturbed about 65 times per hour, so I never reach the level of deep sleep that repairs your muscles. However, I have a CPAP machine which I wear every night that provides air pressure into a mask that fits over your nose and allows you to get the proper oxygen, to in turn get the proper kind of sleep. Lately I have been removing the mask in my sleep and maybe bad sleep could be partially behind this.

I was wondering if anyone here has sleep apnea. For now, I am going to try to get more sleep, more water, more protein and see what happens. Thanks to everyone for the advice.
Contact N_C via PM. I believe he has sleep apnea and could probably offer some advice.

It looks from first glance that you may be overtraining. Do you have a heart rate monitor? What are the numbers you usually get vs. the numbers you are getting now? How have you been riding so far this season? How many days do you take off per day? I don't know how old you are, but what's your background? So many questions- it's difficult to say where the problem is when we don't know what your habits are.

For future reference, raising the saddle or lowering the saddle won't affect bonking. Eating, drinking and rest will....

Koffee