Old 10-21-07, 08:24 PM
JonathanGennick 

Bikes: Priority 600, Priority Continuum, Devinci Dexter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 685 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by hy_tek
My only concern is the durability of the thing. Since the mirror attaches firmly to the end of your bars, I am afraid it will shatter if the bike falls over on the side with the mirror. At the very least I think the mirror arms would snap off since they are made entirely of a very rigid plastic material. Time will tell.
Most likely the glass will break, and it can happen. I've gone through several Mirrycle's over the years. I probably break one a year, on average. I've had the wind blow my bike over. I've had my bike fall over because I didn't lean it well. I've crashed my bike. Etc. Most times it's been just the glass that has shattered. Only once do I recall bits of the plastic arm chipping off. That time the bolt through the arm got bent, and a piece of plastic chipped off, but the mirror stayed together and was usable until I got around to replacing it.

Despite my having busted more Mirrycle's than I care to think about, I really like them. That I break so many is more of a testament to my ability to drop or crash the bike than anything else.