Old 10-22-07, 07:32 PM
masiman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by change
I live in Hawaii, guys, and all the companies you mentioned LOVE to add on extra charges for sending something to HI&AK. No such thing as surface shipping to Hawaii. From any of the businesses you listed, the price including shipping would have been easily over $200. So I tried to save $25 bucks by going through ebay - and I ended up getting bit. Other than this one, I've had nothing but good experiences buying the dozen or so items I've bought off ebay recently. This was intended to be a discussion about the stand, ebay, and what my options are from here. Lay off on the "you got SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO ripped off!" BS.
Don't take the comments personally. I usually make my comments for the OP but also for any others that might read. Hopefully what is written will help others. Without the knowledge of shipping charges, most comments were good.

I did look up the postal rates for DC to Hawaii, 10lbs. and this is what I got:

Mailing Services Speed Price
Express MailŪ Overnight to most areas $45.25
Priority MailŪ 3 days 25.05
Priority MailŪ Flat Rate Box 3 days 8.95
Parcel PostŪ Unable to determine 16.17
Media MailŪ Unable to determine 5.19

I am not arguing the realities of the shipping, just reprinting quoted rates.

The corrosion does not appear that bad, at least it does not look like it will affect the functionality if you get it cleaned, lubed and used a bit. Write back with the resolution, even if you decide to do nothing.