View Single Post
Old 10-22-07, 10:09 PM
Nola_Gal

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD9 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay, I think I'm relating now! My first car was a 1961 Chevy. It was older than I was. My dog and cats have all been rescues from the street. When I bought my house, it was 80 years old and had been vacant for 5 years.

As for my Schwinn, I think this was the first 'real' bike my ex and I bought. It was for him since he rode more than I did but we both rode it some. I say I think because years later, after we divorced, I came outside one day and found it on my driveway. I asked neighbors etc and no one knew who it belonged to...it was only later that it occured to me that he probably dropped it there instead of just throwing it away. I've seen him a couple of times since then but never thought to ask. For that reason, I guess I feel like I have some connection/responsibility for this bike

Stringbreaker's Continental is beautiful! Yes, that is what I'm after...the idea of taking something that others might not find valuable and making it beautiful...having something unique, as Little Darwin said, something no one else has.

I have a lot to learn about the whole mechanical thing though if I want to get the bike into that kind of condition, but then again, I have time!