Old 10-25-07, 03:07 PM
transplant
this portrait of karma

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
advice needed with my annual training schedule

synopsis: coming off of a ten week injury period. been riding intermittently (four days a week) at base level intensity and duration just to get back into the swing of things. just picked up a powermeter. last season i was training/racing without any direction, was doing fairly well, but in hindsight was definitely over-reaching and fatigued. i feel excellent right now and am endeavoring to get onto a regular training schedule.

and so, i turn to people more experienced than myself for advice. i'm feeling like i've hit a wall with this, based upon what i've read in the 'cyclist's training bible'. (note the days could change because this is based upon last year's schedule and adjusted to 2008)

my work in progress schedule is below. questions thus far:

1) what should i do with weeks 1-8, before base 1 begins, if i'm not going to peak/race until week 29? (damn that's a long time away). just keep riding as i am now and call it transition/prep?
2) is this schedule having me peak too many times too close together? where would a transition week work into this? it seems like everything here in the midwest is clumped together like this.

THANKS for your help and advice!