catfish
have bike will tour

Bikes: Trek 5200, Trek 520, Trek 2120

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Post 4

short time here today, i had a nice few days with tail winds then it changed ot a head wind and BIG hills along the Mississippi river the first of the day was 5 miles long then a nice 38 mph down hill run these hills continues for nmost of the morning. a few tims there were pull outs and the view was spectacular!

I rilled into Lousiania MO arround 11:30 am and got some lunvch at a combo gastation/ cafe met a few locals thought about staying there but it was too early to stop.

i knew ther was free camping 20 miles farther on at the ball park the road was flatter now and rolling hills i was getting over heated and my water was almost gone by the time i got to this town. I missed the turn for the park which turned out ot be a good thing. I went to the genreal store to get directions and was told no more campin at the park that was bad news since i was too tired to goon any farther.

After a while th4ese women at the store tole me two things. 1 we call it Missouri with a a at the end Missouiaaaaa ok i got that pok... the other thing is no camping at the park since there is no water and bathrooms are locked after some bvandalism but i clould check with the baptist preacher in town he loets bikers camp on the church yard

I headed to see pastpor Bob nice guy friendly after talking a wehile he showed me where to pitch th4e tent and said he would keep the church open so icould use the kitchen and restroom and ther was a service tonioght i figured i go.

after seting up camp i headed back tothe genreal store for something to eat and some conversation. at fiorst the women were kind of stand offish till they realized i wasnt goig away and sat down at their table as one cooked me a pizza. In a while we became good friends and most of the town came wandering in while iwas there headed back for a nap then the service and sleep.

got up earlky and headed south noew it is raining big tie flooding lastnight i slepted under a hy bridge to keep dry and got a motel this morning the nbext few days are supposed to be nice.

i am looking at a Katy trail route that goes almost all the was across trhe state i may take it instead of the roads that are narrow and no shoulder through here later
C/F